Friday, February 27, 2009

wikipedia

I think Wikipedia is not a site that should be used for research or if someone is looking for valid information. If you can change the material several times, not even knowing who really supplied the information makes the encyclopedia not such a good form for studies, research and etc. In English 102, I had to research several things and the first thing that came out of my professors mouth was, DO NOT USE Wikipedia! I think the site could never become a useful site for information being that its from the stand point of different people and their gonna speak on how whatever the topic relates to them. In the clipping I listened to on NPR the interviewer had remarks on how a person can change the source information even though you can track what computer it does not tell the persons name just the computer data base information.

No comments:

Post a Comment